1. BOARDING: All animals are boarded at Carlton Boarding Kennels at the owner’s risk. On arrival your animal will be registered with us if this is a first time visit or their details checked for any updates if they are a returning guest. The details taken will include:
– Full name, address, contact details (owners and nominated other)
– Registered vet details
– Food / dietary requirements
– Vaccination certificate check (where applicable)
– Any special requirements
2. FOOD: We offer a beef and vegetable flavoured kibble which is included in the boarding fees. Please supply any additional food you may require for your animal in sufficient quantities.
3. SOCIALISATION AND EXERCISE (DOGS ONLY): All dogs will remain on a lead during their walks. Dogs from different households can be kennelled together but written authorisation must be obtained from both owners. Where prior written agreement is obtained, the owner will allow the proprietor to use their discretion when mixing dogs. Carlton Boarding Kennels reserves the right to separate any dogs in the same kennel – even from the same household – if they become a danger to each other.
4. OWN RISK: We will take every care and consideration with your animal, which is accepted solely at your risk. You are able to bring your animals own bedding and toys but these are brought at your own risk. Carlton Boarding Kennels cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to property, possessions or vehicles, whilst on the premises. Multiple dogs from the same household can be boarded in the same kennel but this is at your own risk. Multiple cats from the same household can be boarded together but this is at your own risk. In the unlikely event that dogs/cats from the same household need to be separated, you will be charged per kennel/chalet accordingly.
5. SAFETY: All dogs must be kept on a lead whilst on the premises and travelling to and from your vehicle. Collars will NOT be removed during your dogs unless you request this. All cats and smaller animals must be transported to and from the premises in a suitable animal carrier. We cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to property, possessions or vehicles, howsoever caused, whilst on the premises.
6. VACCINATIONS: All dogs must be vaccinated against Parvovirus, Distemper, Hepatitis and Leptospirosis. The Kennel cough vaccine is not a mandatory requirement, however, if your dog has this we it to be done at least 2 weeks before boarding with us. Please note that the infectious bronchitis vaccine does not give 100% protection against tracheobronchitis (kennel cough) and the owner takes full responsibility for this, we will not be liable if your animal catches kennel cough.
All cats must be vaccinated against Feline Infectious Enteritis (FVP), Cat Flu (CVRP or RCV) & Feline Leukaemia (FELV). Cats cannot enter the cattery within 14 days of vaccination if not previously vaccinated or their booster has expired.
Please ensure your animal is up to date with flea and worm treatments. We are unable to board dogs or cats without viewing a valid, up to date vaccination card unless your vet can authorise otherwise.
7. HEALTH: You warrant that your animal you wish to board is fit, sound and healthy. You must declare any existing or previous health conditions and vices prior to their stay. We reserve the right to refuse any animal not fit for boarding at our discretion. You authorise veterinary treatment to be carried out should it be considered necessary at our discretion, during the period of boarding. No liability can be accepted for any problems, old or new such as stress or ill-health arising from their visit. Should your animal require veterinary treatment, they will be treated at Cross Green Veterinary Centre, 71 Cross Green, Otley, LS21 1HE.
If medication or specialist care is required, this will be undertaken provided your animal will accept this without resistance. Specialist care is given at our discretion and you must provide full instructions and medical history. This can be obtained from your veterinary practice.
8. OPENING HOURS: We are open every day except Christmas day. Our opening hours are Monday to Sunday 8am – 10am and 3pm – 5pm. All animals must be dropped off and collected within these opening hours unless prior arrangement has been agreed. Boarding is charged per day so if your dog is with us for one night, you would be charged for two days. Please note extra days will be charged at the full daily rate. If you are unable to collect your dog in person, your representative must bring proof of identity and be in a position to make full payment, before your animal is handed over. Please notify us in advance if a representative will be collecting your animal.
9. FAILURE TO COLLECT: You authorise the re-homing/sale/disposal of your animal in the most appropriate way possible should you fail to collect within 10 days of the end of the boarding period. Every effort will be made to come to a reasonable arrangement prior to taking this action as a last resort.
10. PAYMENT: Payment can be made by cash, card or bank transfer. Payments must be received prior to the handover of your animal. We reserve the right to retain your animal at Carlton Boarding Kennels until full payment is received. Any extra days incurred will be chargeable at the normal rate.
11. STAFF SAFETY: The welfare of your animal during their stay is our main concern but we must also consider the safety of our staff. Should your animal behave aggressively towards our staff at a level considered by us to be unreasonable, we will contact you to arrange the immediate collection of your animal. This procedure ensures the safety of staff, visiting members of the public, your animal and other boarders.
12. GROOMING: Unless specifically requested, the grooming of your animal will not be carried out during their stay. If you do require your animal to be groomed during their stay, please contact Country K9s on 0113 2505113 – option 3. Please note there will be an additional charge for this.
13. WEBSITE/SOCIAL MEDIA: We may from time to time take photographs of our facilities for use on our website and marketing material. These may include images of some of your animals whilst they are boarding with us. If you do not wish for photos to be taken, please inform us when you bring your animal in.
Carlton Boarding Kennels Ltd, Carlton Hall Farm, Carlton Lane, East Carlton, Leeds, LS19 7BG
Updated April 2019